Sunday, August 31, 2008

Chocolate Review Deux

I didn't buy any chocolate this weekend. And, since it's Sunday, I won't be able to get any. I really need to stick to my guns and keep buying chocolate or I'll never get the opportunity to try all the different shops. So, today I'll review last week's chocolate, Martel, as well as as the popular export chocolate: Lindt.
Martel Chocolates
Martel is a cafe that also sells chocolates and unbelievable looking desserts. The glory of the dessert case led me to decide that once I've throughly evaluated all of the chocolates in the city, I'm moving on to desserts. Martel uses this wonderfully playful font on everything they do and on this alone I was excited about their chocolates. Tim and I went in pror to catching the bus to France and La Saleve to enjoy with our picnic. We choose a box of four truffles. Two were in dark chocolate and two were covered in cocoa powder. As usual, we had no idea what were inside, since the only french word we know that comes in usful in a chocolate shop is "chocolat" and "merci". This was the first of the three chocolate shops that I've visited that did not give me a sample when I bought my chocolate. At the top of La Saleve, Tim and I had our first truffle. The truffles had a chocolate shell filled with Bailey's Irish Cream chocolatey goo in the middle. The texture of the chocolate was excellent and Tim really enjoyed his. But anyone who knows my chocolate preferences knows that I'm very anti liquor/chocolate combinations. Because I didn't like the flavor of my chocolate, I can't really evaluate whether it was good or bad. I guess I'll have to go back.

No comments: