Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's fun to be the American...although sometimes you feel like a turkey.

I'm in Brussels tonight for the Homecare Connect Days. This is our big dog and pony show where we convince all of the different countries why our innovation for the next year is great. It's called the connect days because we are supposed to forge friendships so that we don't spend the other 364 days of the year cursing at each other. In a corporate sense, this means big expensive meals and lots of wine. Tonight was the big expensive meal/wine portion of the event. Our emcee, the Assistant Brand Manager on Swiffer, gave me a bit of a shout out. In a room of over 80 people he mentioned that tomorrow was Thanksgiving in America and since we had one American in the room we needed to make her feel at home. To do this, he directed everyone to come up to me tomorrow and thank me.

I fear tomorrow may be a long day.

No comments: